Fidelity Independent Adviser Newsletter, LLC. is responsible for any consumer personal information it may hold or that is under its control, including any consumer personal information it entrusts to service providers. As a subscriber, you will receive the privacy protections stated in this Privacy Notice, even though your subscription may not be considered a consumer account.
Categories of Personal Information We Collect and Hold
The nature of personal information we collect and hold about you may include:
- information we receive from you on applications or other forms, such as name, gender, date of birth, address, telephone number, email address, occupation;
- income and language preference;
- information we receive from you on a volunteer basis when we are conducting a survey of your preferences, needs or interests;
- information about your subscriptions, such as account numbers, account balances, payment history, and account activity;
- information we receive from strategic partners.
We do not believe we are collecting any sensitive information or information where a reasonable person would expect the subject matter to cause offence or embarrassment. We have established policies and procedures pertaining to the retention and destruction of the personal information that we hold about you.
Purposes of Collecting Your Information
Fidelity Independent Adviser Newsletter, LLC. may use the information we collect for the following purposes:
- to make decisions about subscriptions;
- to evaluate credit worthiness, monitor, service and collect your account;
- to respond to your inquiries about your subscriptions or other services;
- to meet legal, security, processing and regulatory requirements;
- to understand your needs and to offer products and services to meet those needs;
- to allow our affiliates and selected companies to promote their products and services to you;
- such other purposes as we disclose in this Privacy Notice or that we identify to you from time to time or as permitted by law.
You may refuse or withdraw your consent to 6. above, as explained in this Privacy Notice. We may also use or disclose personal information for other purposes with your consent, or as otherwise permitted or required by law (see Consent section, below).
Affiliates and Third Parties With Whom We May Share Information
From time to time, we may disclose personal information, through marketing lists, to selected companies or organizations to allow them to offer you directly goods and services that may be of interest to you. Additionally, we may disclose personal information to our affiliates. We are affiliated by common control with Dion Money Management, LLC., an investment adviser.
“Marketing lists” shared with affiliates, or others, may include lists of customers who meet certain general, non-sensitive criteria. This information may include your name, address, category of income, gender, preferred language of communication, preferences, needs or interests. We are not sharing specific sensitive information, except service providers, or when we are authorized by law or if we have your express and positive consent. If you prefer that we not share our marketing lists containing your name and information about you with other companies or organizations, or with our affiliates, you may opt out by mailing a written request to Fidelity Independent Adviser, LLC., 112 Water Street, Williamstown, MA 01267, or by unsubscribing below.
Please allow a reasonable time for the withdrawal of your name and information from any postal lists. Please allow up to 10 days (in accordance with the CAN–SPAM legislation) to be removed from any email lists.
Depending on the nature and sensitivity of your personal information, your consent to the collection, use or disclosure of such information can be implied (such as by not responding to our offer to remove your personal information from our marketing list) in which case we assume that you consent. You may withdraw your consent at any time as long as you give reasonable notice of withdrawal.
We utilize email as a communication channel to send information regarding our products and services. We allow any person on our list to choose to discontinue to receive email messages from us at any time.
In accordance with CAN–SPAM legislation, it is our policy to include instructions and means for removal from our database at any time in an automated fashion. We provide instructions for removal at the bottom of every email sent from our company, with the exception of paid subscription newsletter issues, which require the subscriber to cancel their membership in order to discontinue receiving issues of the publication.
At the bottom of each email communication we include detailed instructions for removal from our email lists, including:
- Displaying the recipient’s email address that is in our database and receiving the message.
- Providing a customized URL that allows the recipient to click to our web site and automatically manage their subscriptions, including canceling all email subscriptions or selecting to receive no further messages from our firm.
- An active email address to contact us in order to request manual removal or discontinuance of future email messages from our firm.
- Our postal address for mailing a formal request to our firm.
You may opt out from having your name and information shared by submitting the form below or by sending a written request to us at:
Fidelity Independent Adviser Newsletter, LLC.
112 Water St.
Williamstown, MA 01267
If you would no longer like to receive emails from the Fidelity Independent Adviser, you may update your email preferences, or unsubscribe, by clicking here.
In accordance with the CAN-SPAM act, please allow up to 10 days to be removed from our lists